The Scholarship Committee generates funds and provides scholarship opportunities for local students.
July 2015: Meg Solera and Marge Nordstrom Introduced two of the beneficiaries of scholarships from the club. Lillian Stevens a recipient of a Durham Public Schools Scholarship Fund from Southern High School was accompanied by her aunt Rhonda Stevens. Edwin Hernandez is the recipient of the Brown Family Scholarship from the Emily K Scholars to College Program was accompanied by Adam Eigenrauch, the Director of the Emily K Center. – See more at: http://durhamrotaryclub.org/2015/07/scholarship-winners-introduced/#sthash.LF2rKnsi.dpuf
- What Scholarship Committee does.
- Manage the funds for High School Scholarships
- Target: High School Seniors
- What can you do?
- Support Fellowship and Club Social Efforts
- Poinsettias – money goes to scholarship fund. You can help with orders and distribution
- Go to Theater events – Money for Brown Family Scholarship. You can go have fun!
- Nasher and Progressive Dinner – break even, just for FUN
- Support our Partners
- Attend graduation and special events
- Career days
- Contact Meg Solera or Marge Nordstrom