We hope you will consider volunteering for some of these 100 Acts of Service projects:
1. Center for Senior Life-“Music in My Mind”: One on one sessions with people with dementia to help them listen
to their favorite music. This is a great music therapy program, presented by Cathy Stallcup, Exec Director, on March 2.
No music training necessary, just a willingness to help, and spend 45 minutes with someone who can use your help!
Rotary Contact: George Deaton
2. Farewell Dinner for Japanese college students — They are here in Durham for English immersion and to stay with host families for learning about American culture, coordinated by Toyama Committee of Sister Cities and DTCC.
5:30 – 8 pm, Tues, March 10. St Phillip’s Episcopal Church, 406 E. Main Street. Serve as “welcoming hosts”.
Rotary Contact: B. C. Dash
3. SEEDS: Help with Spring Planting at this “community education gardening”.
Saturday mornings: March 14, 21, 28; April 11, 18; May 2
Rotary Contact: Lizzie Ellis-Furlong
4. Serving Meals and Packing Lunches: Teams of 6 – 8 to serve meals at Durham Rescue Mission, and packing lunches
at Urban Ministries. Mornings, Lunch time, Dinner time. Flexible Dates.
Rotary Contacts: Judge Craig Brown, Ernie Mills, Jr., Patrice Nelson
5. Career Night at Emily K Center, 6:15 – 8:15 pm, Thursday, March 19
Present to small discussion groups about career possibilities in your field of expertise
Rotary Contact: Todd Taylor